The Figure Eight Slip Knot is an adjustable loop-on-the-bight knot.
- Make a bight in the rope.
- Hold the center of the bight in the right hand. With the center of the bight in the right hand and the legs of the rope secured, twist two complete turns clockwise.
- Reach through the bight and grasp the long, standing end of the rope. Pull another bight back through the original bight.
- Pull down on the short working end of the rope and dress the knot down.
- If the knot is to be used in a transport tightening system, take the working end of the rope and form a half hitch around the loop of the figure eight knot.